Team: Easy Riders
Total Donations: $59,560
Dear Family and Friends,
Five years ago I began attending Canyon Creek Summer Camp and it is my favorite place on earth. In April 2016, at age 12, I began volunteering as a CIT (counselor in training) with their non–profit organization, The Harold Robinson Foundation (HRF). It is the vision of HRF to provide a level playing field for our community’s under-served children. HRF runs Camp Ubuntu, where students from under-served, inner city schools and organizations get the opportunity to experience nature, play sports, use team work, learn goal-setting, eat nutritious food and receive mentorship from exceptional counselors during weekend retreats throughout the school year. These programs are designed to strengthen confidence and independence, build character and develop leadership skills. Having participated in 6 of these retreats, it brings me so much happiness to see how these programs alter and improve the thinking of the students, their parents, and the teachers that participate.
SO HERE'S MY REQUEST: Along with two life-long friends and my Dad, I will once again ride 100 miles in 5 hours to raise money for the Harold Robinson FoundationCamp Ubuntu. I would be so grateful if you would click the DONATE button to the right and make a TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION that will help us meet our team goal.
I know there are a million things to contribute to, and I'm asking you to donate to this because I have seen first hand the difference it makes with these kids. Many of the kids I have met live in one-parent homes, have family members that are incarcerated, lost loved ones through gang violence or drugs, live with family members other than their parents, or worse, live in the foster care system. In addition to the weekend retreats that serve 1600 students, 400 chaperones and 200 staff members each school year, HRF brings summer day camp to Markham Middle School in Watts, provides parenting classes and other programs that help build community in a positive way. The day camp is free of charge to students that live in the area and will serve 200 kids a day this summer for 6 weeks.
My family understands the importance of attending summer camp and for those of you who have attended camp personally – or send your children to camp -- know what I’m talking about. Sadly, the students I have met at Camp Ubuntu only get to experience camp for a short weekend, and it is only due to the generous donations made from people like you.
Please take a moment to make a TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION right now!
Select a Gift Level:
• $25,000 covers the cost of 100 students to attend a weekend camp retreat.
• $12,500 covers the cost of 50 students to attend a weekend camp retreat.
• $7,500 covers one-fifth of my fundraising goal for my Pedal On The Pier team this year.
• $6,250 pays for 1 fourth or fifth grade class to attend a weekend camp retreat.
• $4,500 pays for two students to attend HRF’s Watts day camp for six weeks.
• IF YOU DONATE $3,000 OR MORE, WE WILL PUT YOUR NAME AND/OR LOGO ON OUR TEAM T-SHIRT. (DEADLINE FOR ARTWORK: MAY 19.)
• $2,500 supports our minimum fundraising commitment to participate in Pedal on the Pier.
• $2,250 pays for 1 student to attend HRF’s day camp for six weeks.
• $1,800 covers the cost of one chartered bus to drive students to and from camp for the weekend.
• $1,250 pays for 5 students to attend a weekend camp retreat.
• $750 pays for 3 students to attend a weekend camp retreat.
• $375 pays to send one student to HRF’s Watts day camp for one week.
• $250 pays for 1 student to attend a weekend camp retreat.
• $200 doubles your support for every mile of Pedal On The Pier.
• $100 represents every mile of Pedal On The Pier.
• $75 pays to send one student to Watts day camp for one day.
• Choose another amount that makes you happy knowing you are making a difference in someone's life.
HRF — through Pedal On The Pier -- is trying to reach one million dollars this year just to maintain what they started. We can meet that goal with your help!
Please click on the DONATE button to the right and make a secure TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION.
Thanks so much for taking time to read this and for donating! Your donation not only means the world to my teammates and me, but to all the kids who will be given a chance to participate in this amazing program.
- 1. Brian and Ellynne Greenbaum
- 2. Anonymous
- 3. Michael Rapino
- 4. Anonymous
$ 5,000.00 Go Ben Go!
- 5. Merriweather Post Pavilion
- 6. Robert and Rochelle Light
- 7. Nederlander Concerts
- 8. Another Planet Entertainment
- 9. The Osbournes
- 10. Chuck, Brent and Don AEG Presents Rocky Mountains
- 11. Jeff and Rachelle Kramer
- 12. Mitch rose
- 13. Annie & Willie Nelson
- 14. Don Fox Beaver Productions Inc
- 15. Frank Prod + NS2 + CMoore Live
$ 750.00 Great cause best of luck in reaching your goal! CML, NS2, and FPC.
- 16. Anonymous
- 17. Leslie West
- 18. sarah mclachlan
- 19. Mark Kaplan
- 20. Peter Conlon