Rider: Michelle Brookman
Total Donations: $5,936
Pedal On The Pier
Sunday, June 2, 2019
100 Bikes. 100 Miles. We Spin, Kids Win.
A benefit for the Harold Robinson Foundation.
PEDAL ON THE PIER: A fundraiser for Camp Ubuntu (Harold Robinson Foundation)
WE SPIN, KIDS WIN!!
Camp as a vehicle for personal empowerment & social change!
Thank you for visiting this page. I have been involved with the Harold Robinson Foundation / Camp Ubuntu for nearly a decade and I am so passionate about our mission and the work we do.
1) It's local. The kids & families we serve live half an hour away from me yet their lives are completely different. I have seen first hand how kids have been transformed by getting out of their limited urban environment, being surrounded by nature and trying new things while encouraged by caring mentors.
2) Any kid can take part. Camp is not about test scores, academic or athletic ability or access. It's a chaperoned school retreat so many kids who fall under the radar are able to take part in camp and learn and grow.
3) Most experts agree that changing the mind set is easier at a younger age. We start with 4th & 5th graders and empower them to set goals and avoid taking the wrong path.
4) We are committed to the community. In addition to our sleep away camps, we have a summer day camp in the heart of Watts, music programming , parenting seminars and plans to expand our in-community programming.
5) My daughters Nicole & Peri gained so much from attending camp every summer and having school environmental education trips through Crossroads School. I wish all kids could have the wonderful experiences they had growing up.
I celebrated my double nickels birthday this year and the only gift I ever want is support of this charity. If there is any way you can add $55 to your gift, it would be amazing. A donation of any size is a ticket to the event on Sunday, June 2nd and each $100 donation gets a wristband for food & drink. Thank you SO much for your generous support . I am so grateful for your friendship and I believe we are making our city and the world a better place. Michelle
**more about hrf:
It is the vision of the Harold Robinson Foundation to provide a level playing field for our marginalized community's kids, schools and families. We utilize camp programs as a vehicle for empowerment and change. At Camp Ubuntu, children get the opportunity to experience nature, play, sports, use team-work, learn goal-setting, eat nutritious food and receive mentorship from exceptional counselors and volunteers. These programs are designed to strengthen confidence and independence, build character and develop leadership skills.
In addition to our Camp Ubuntu sleep away camps, the Harold Robinson Foundation brings Camp Ubuntu Watts a summer day camp to Markham Middle School. It also provides parenting workshops and other programs that help positively build community.
In support of this foundation, I am participating in the Pedal on the Pier fundraiser. My team will collectively ride (in place) on a stationary bike for 5 hours on the Santa Monica Pier on Sunday, June 2, 2019. We would be most grateful if you could support our efforts with a tax-deductible donation of ANY size.
Thank you for supporting our effort in trying to make a difference in a child's life.
- 1. Lauren Turner
- 2. Wrenn Chais
$ 500.00 Go Michelle!!!
- 3. Anonymous
- 4. Jillzo
$ 250.00 You are amazing Michelle! I’m so proud to be your friend!
- 5. Wendy & Roger Glickman
$ 250.00 Love you!!!!
- 6. Marie-Christine Solal
- 7. Lois and Richard Reinis
- 8. Robin and Chuck Shephard
$ 250.00 Thank you for all your hard work for this great cause!
- 9. jeff sinaiko
$ 250.00 Nice Work Michelle! happy to be able to support
- 10. Michelle richman
$ 250.00 You are such an inspiration
- 11. The Bardin Family
$ 250.00 In honor of Milt Michaelson
- 12. Beth and Lahav Gabay
$ 200.00 Proud of your passion to go good!
- 13. Deborah Alexander
$ 150.00 Way to go!
- 14. Sam Sokol
$ 100.00 So proud of all you and HRF have done together!
- 15. Paulette Light + Jeff Rake
- 16. Theodore Kalo
- 17. David J Kohl
$ 100.00 In honor of Michelle Brookman, David J. Kohl is delighted to provide you with this donation.
- 18. Jamie Stern, M.D.
- 19. Fidelity Charitable Donor Advised Fund
$ 100.00 This grant was made at the recommendation of The Abby and David Kohl Charitable Fund.
- 20. Anonymous
$ 100.00 Way to make a difference!!!